Classified Title: IT Project Administrator
Working Title: IT Customer Success Manager/Project Administrator
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Mondays - Fridays; 8:30am - 5;00pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 04-MD:School of Medicine Campus
Department name: 10000023-IT@JH Client Technology Solutions
Personnel area: University Administration
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) will serve as project administrator for the services provided by Information Technology @ Johns Hopkins Client Technology Solutions (CTS) organization consisting of 100 employees supporting 27,000 client devices throughout the Johns Hopkins Institutions.
The CSM will manage existing relationships with internal Hopkins customers to drive adoption, demonstrate value, and identify opportunities to improve the customer experience using a combination of modalities including business analytics and communications.
The CSM must be passionate about technology, strive for customer service excellence, and be able to perform in a large, distributed, complex academic medical center environment.
The CSM Primary Responsibilities:
- Manage customer relationship as main point of contact for CTS customers
- Communicate with customers on a regular basis
- Work with assigned customers to drive adoption and assure they are continuing to see value in their partnership with CTS
- Conduct Monthly/Quarterly Reviews with customers and define a baseline of performance criteria to be generated from various data sources
- Participate and/or intervene in projects that may encompass the entire CTS customer base or limited to an individual department
- Work closely with our Onboarding and Customer Support teams to manage customer issues and escalations
- Identify and manage at risk customers effectively to help reduce churn and escalations
- Contribute to the team with new ideas and make suggestions for continued process improvements
- Work to become a CTS service delivery expert and continue to learn about industry trends and info to best support our customers
- Oversee efforts of CTS staff as it pertains to a specific project or deliverable
Required Education: BS degree preferably in information systems, business administration, management or project management. Work experience may be substituted for degree where appropriate. Additional experience can be substituted for education.
- Requires 4 years relevant experience. Additional education may be substituted for experience.
- Experience guiding customers through software demonstrations or implementations
- 2+ years managing customers in Salesforce, ServiceNow, or another CRM application to identify customer service opportunities
Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits or 18 graduate degree credits = 1 year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college coursework may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Knowledge in the assigned IT environments. Project Management Certification is preferred.
- Experience working in an advertising, marketing, telecommunications, communications
- Experience working with customer escalations
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Possess all requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities as posted in the supplemental section.
- Effective meeting management, presentation, time management and communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, direct, implement and evaluate processes to lead people and manage resources to achieve desired result.
- Goal oriented, pragmatic, self-disciplined.
- Ability to facilitate meetings.
- Comfortable interacting effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate information, and to make necessary adjustments to procedures and program implementation.
- Awareness of need for timely communication, able to identify potential barriers and strategies, .
- Ability to synthesize and integrate information.
Ability to project an image of competence, efficiency and professionalism at all times.
Johns Hopkins East Baltimore Campus (primary), Johns Hopkins Homewood Campus (secondary), must be able to travel through the various Johns Hopkins campus throughout the Baltimore-metro area (Greenspring, White Marsh, Eastern High, Keswick, Mt. Washington, etc.)
On call requirements (if applicable):
The CSM will not be responsible for participating in an on-call rotation but must be generally available for service escalations or projects that require off-hours effort.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information