Financial Analyst III
Plan, develop and coordinate the preparation of financial analyses and reports including, but not limited to, operational and capital budgets, financial statements, statistical reports, cost analyses and other financial information; perform complex and specialized assignments in assigned area of expertise; perform lead role in coordinating complex projects.
- Serve as the administrator for Oracle Hyperion Essbase and Financial Management financial reporting applications and databases Provide liaison with DUHS finance personnel and University accounting systems personnel on SAP cost centers and general ledger accounts to maintain integrity of DUHS’ chart of accounts
- Maintain and update as necessary common financial and statistical reporting formats for all DUHS entities; follow-up with appropriate business unit finance personnel on a 'same-day' basis for answers to technical inquiries.
- Apply strong application skills including, but not limited to SAP and Hyperion, to allow determination of most efficient data compilation methods
- Help drive process improvement initiatives in accounting, reporting, and finance applications through emerging and growing technologies such as Robotics Process Automation (RPA) and Blockchain, up to and including Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Prepare supporting schedules and journal entries related to consolidation of DUHS financial statements
- Assist with quarterly and annual reporting requirements including surveys, external audit schedules and compliance calculations
- Support SAP initiatives such as conversion from R/3 to S/4
- Prepare, update, and maintain documentation related to work performed
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Standards
- Oracle Hyperion Essbase applications, databases, and report writing experience
- Solid written and verbal communication skills and ability to pay attention to detail
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Certified Public Accountant
- RPA, Blockchain, and other emerging technology experience
Keywords: CPA, Hyperion, Essbase, Blockchair