Development/Operation Systems Administrator
Dev/Ops Systems Administrator
The DHTS Service Delivery Automation Team is responsible for providing Dev/Ops solutions using tools and automation that allow DHTS to offer highly-available services including Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) services in a containerized environment. To achieve this goal, the DHTS IT Analyst II position will be required to do analysis, design, create and implement solutions using modern Dev/Ops processes. This person will work closely with other team members DHTS Service Delivery Automation Team, virtualization and networking teams. The ideal candidate is experienced in the automation of infrastructure deployment and configuration, including network functions, using CLI and API interfaces such as IP management, DNS, switching/routing configuration, F5, Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco IOS, and Cisco UCS. Candidates should also demonstrate experience in software defined networking within various virtualization environments such as Red Hat Virtualization, VMware, Azure and or AWS. Python experience, Object Storage solutions within the virtualized environments, and experience with Linux and Windows systems is desired.
- Gather, analyze, and implement requirements for network services of the CI/CD service while assisting the organization in adopting Dev/Ops practices.
- Assist in design, build and test out the network along with required network services, ensuring proper connectivity inside and outside for CI/CD services and future services based on Dev/Ops within the specified time ranges of the projects.
- Seek out expertise, knowledge, and resources to develop solutions to problems and work with DHTS cross-functional teams to implement.
- Provide close collaboration with the users/customers of the CI/CD services, providing skilled guidance and solutions to using virtualization and network solutions.
- Provide training/mentoring to other teams on how automation and development within a virtualization and network environment is designed and used.
- Develop scripts to maintain virtualization and networking for the CI/CD solution using Dev/Ops practices, including operational documentation and reports.
- Facilitate virtualization and network triage and troubleshooting process to help in resolving access and connectivity issues.
- Participate in technical discussions within team as well as with other groups associated with assigned projects.
- Provide input to project delivery process improvements.
- Work on additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals.
- Participate in and drive the decision-making process on the Dev/Ops initiative.
- Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- BS degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years of experience as a primary network engineer
- 3+ years of experience in virtualization networking
- 3+ years of working with scripting languages Python preferred
- Experience in Agile SDLC, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment is desired
- Experience using an industry standard source control management systems (SCM) such as GIT and or SVN is desirable
- Experience in Linux and Windows operating systems required
- Experience with deploying and managing infrastructure in AWS and Azure is desirable.
- Experience in one or more of the following Red Hat Virtualization RHV, Red Hat OpenShift, VMWare, vCenter, VMware PowerShell, Azure and Orchestration tools is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and Reasoning Ability:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to write and interpret regular expressions
Walking, sitting, talking, working on a computer, using a phone
Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, customer-focused environment
Ability to occasionally work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs