Production Support Storage, Backup Analyst
A DHTS Storage and Backup Analyst within Duke Health Technology Solutions (DHTS) Production Support Team is responsible for the care and feeding of all storage and backup technologies utilized within the Duke University Health System. The incumbent will work within the Production Support team to ensure availability and service delivery for all remote Duke Medicine facilities, including the management of all backup environment and storage environments.
Working hours for this position are:
Monday thru Friday 12AM-9AM
- Participate in an operational shift using Service Now tickets, e-mail and phone support to respond professionally and courteously to our customer base to quickly resolve all storage and backup (and related) issues.
- Provide technical support to customers and other technical SMEs utilizing their knowledge of storage and backup systems to quickly solve issues. Provide technical leadership for storage and backup escalation and resolution.
- Seek opportunities to enhance organizational operational cohesiveness with all members of the division and DHTS.
- Maintain documentation and procedures to ensure adherence to institutional, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Implement, maintain, upgrade, and patch systems to be compliant with Duke Medicine security policies and standards regarding protection from external and internal security attacks.
- Research and remediate generic and system-specific vulnerabilities.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Minimum of 3 years functional and operational experience in the areas of:
- EMC Networker
- Data Protection Advisior
- VIPR SRM
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, performed by a diverse group of professionals
- Requires North Carolina valid driver's license
- Requires Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong abilities to develop and enhance relationships with team members, other technical staff, customers and internal groups
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent analytical abilities and innovative problem-solving skills Relevant Network
Service Now Experience
ITIL V3 Foundations Certified