Plan, coordinate and administer activities within the Master of Engineering Management and distributed Master of Engineering Management related to program academics, faculty, and academic student support.
- Develop and request course schedule each semester; work with students and faculty to resolve schedule conflicts, monitor and manage the wait lists.
- Work with other programs and schools at Duke to establish procedures for registering for courses and facilitating registration.
- Coordinate academic aspects associated with d-MEMP residencies under the direction of d-MEMP Director. This includes pre-residency communications, coordinating residency speakers, and classroom activities.
- Track accepted and rejected technical electives; update relevant constituencies regarding course offerings and faculty;
- Review, analyze, and interpret performance data with admissions information to recommend refinement in the selection process.
- Collect, analyze and interpret MEMP assessment data and learning outcomes in support of accreditation and reviews.
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness through course evaluations, surveys, questionnaires, etc.; investigate trends, and recommend and implement modifications to improve program effectiveness.
- Identify graduating students, verify degree requirement have been met and provide list to Pratt central services
- Maintain MEMP/d-MEMP Masters Coordinator Manual
- Respond to specific and detailed academic questions from applicants; Interview MEMP and/or d-MEMP applicants; support Admitted Student day and other recruiting and admissions activities.
- Communicate with faculty regarding teaching assignment, course scheduling, course materials, course enrollment, classroom needs and availability, faculty parking, faculty advisor training, grade policies, and other faculty related matters;
- Identify, hire, and train TA's in support of courses
- Support faculty in the purchase of materials for class when it exceeds what TA's are able to do
- Develop course schedule each semester; work with faculty to resolve schedule conflicts and manage course enrollment and wait lists.
- Plan, develop, and coordinate the preparation, distribution and follow-up of matriculation activities related to academics. This includes academic communications to incoming students, assignment of academic advisors, defining course registration policies and procedures.
- Respond to specific and detailed academic questions from students; support academic activities within the program.
- Process and track course transfers, course waivers, and other student matters with the registrar.
- Prepare OPT and CPT letters for MEMP international students desiring internship or post graduation work, verify appropriate status to apply for training visas, communicate with Visa services.
- Process course add, drops, withdrawal, audits, permission numbers etc. for MEMP/d-MEMP students Coordinate and implement special projects as assigned.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Candidate must be skilled in running complex reports in SISS, analyzing data in Excel, and assessing and interpreting data.