Medical Assistant, Certified, Wound Healing Center Raleigh, North Carolina
Duke University Health System- Duke Raleigh Wound Healing Center- seeks to hire Medical Assistants, Certified who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
Duke Raleigh Wound Healing Center is a comprehensive Specialty clinic offering Cardiology medicine care and lab services in one convenient location.
Work Hours & Shifts:
Full-Time Day Shift
CMA’s/RMAs perform routine administrative and patient care supportive duties inan Specialty Care practice. They assist medical and/or nursing staff in the examination and treatment of patients and ensure office runs smoothly.
Administrative duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Answer telephones
- Greet patients
- Update and file patient medical records
- Fill out insurance forms
- Handle correspondence
- Schedule appointments
- Arrange for hospital admissions
- Arrange for laboratory services
- Handle billing and bookkeeping.
- Perform other administrative duties as directed.
Clinical Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist medical and nursing staff in a variety of tasks including:
- Taking medical histories and recording vital signs
- Explaining treatment procedures to patients
- Preparing patients for examinations and procedures
- Assisting the physician during the examination and procedures
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens
- Perform basic laboratory tests on the premises
- Dispose of contaminated supplies Sterilize medical instruments.
- Promote patient/family understanding of the educational content and his/her involvement in the plan of care, and document in patient record.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician
- Authorize drug refills as directed Telephone prescriptions to a pharmacy.
- Draw blood
- Prepare patients for x-rays, tests and procedures.
- Take electrocardiograms Remove sutures/ staples.
- Change sterile and non-sterile dressings.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
Certification or Registration by AAMA or AMT is required.
Duke Health Highlights:
In addition to our three hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Certified Medical Assistant, Medical Assistant, CMA, RMA, MA, AAMA, AMT