Starting Salary Range: $58,695 - $80,625
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8am-5pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 10000055-Vice Provost Education, Ofc of
Personnel area: University Administration
This position provides high-level support to the Vice Provost for Graduate and Professional Education (VP). The VP works closely with the vice deans of education, members of the Doctor of Philosophy Board, and other stakeholders across the University, to help schools develop effective programs for their graduate students and prepare them for life after graduation. The Program Manager will assist in managing, coordinating, and facilitating the accomplishment of organizational goals and strategic initiatives as directed by the VP.
The successful candidate will demonstrate careful judgment, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work independently. In addition, the Program Manager will effectively collaborate with members of the Office of the Provost, prioritize multiple tasks, and take a proactive approach to work assignments.
- Prepare the VP for a variety of key meetings, presentations, discussions, etc., including researching and gathering critical information on issues, developing and proposing agenda items, and conducting necessary follow-ups for multiple standing meetings.
- Assist the VP in tracking graduate academic initiatives and priorities for Johns Hopkins.
- Prepare first drafts of reports, presentations, emails, and meeting minutes.
- Occasionally represent and speak on behalf of the VP at meetings.
- Manage special projects on behalf of the VP.
- Anticipate and problem solve issues and concerns impacting the VP.
- Participate in priority setting and brainstorming with the VP and with members of the VP’s direct reports.
- Develop institutional relationships and collaborate/liaise extensively with a variety of individuals inside and outside the Office of the Provost on matters central to the VP's area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least five years of project management experience in support of academic, business, research and/or development activities.
- Additional education may be substituted for experience.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize projects, and adhere to deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Discretion for confidential information.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and respond quickly, creatively, and flexibly.
- Technologically savvy – experience with basic web search, social media, cloud-based document sharing (DropBox, Evernote), and project management tools.
- Strong computer literacy skills, specifically with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information