DHTS IT Manager
DHTS - Service Delivery
Duke University Health System is seeking an IT Service Management Excellence Program Sr. Manager who will work closely with the Duke Health Technology Solutions (DHTS) leadership team, colleagues, and customers’ teams, to lead the implementation of new IT processes and continual improvement initiatives that enhance service effectiveness and cost efficiency.
She or he will lead and manage a team of business and process analysts who are primarily focused on how to best align our IT service delivery with Duke Health and Duke University School of Medicine and School of Nursing customer business needs, helping to lead a transformation to a next generation IT service delivery and operations model using next generation technologies.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring each IT service delivers consistent positive customer experiences and communication, including overseeing a core set of KPI measures
- Implementing and maintaining a customer segmentation model and product/service management culture that assists IT service owners with adapting and responding swiftly to customer business needs
- Defining key areas where improvement is required and the subsequent methods and metrics to measure satisfying customer experience
- Reporting program status and issues
- Providing a platform for program communication and relationship management, engaging service owners and customer stakeholders for buy-in, and relieving bottlenecks & complexity
- Enabling and supporting IT service owners to design and implement new or redesigned service management processes, such as the digital service request experience and a DevOps model for service delivery
- Leading teams through change initiatives including new technology, processes, roles and responsibilities
- Applying a strong understanding of the ITIL framework and coaching others on it
- Leveraging appropriate methodologies including lean six sigma to help meet internal transformation goals
- Organizing meetings/presentations with internal stakeholders, and running effective workshops
- General management experience, e.g. recruitment, performance management, training and staff development etc.
Education: College BA/BS degree
Licensure / Certification: Minimum ITIL Foundations certification; additional PMP and Lean Six Sigma certifications helpful.
Experience: Minimum 5 years relevant experience in IT services and operations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong ability to collaborate with directors, managers, and individual contributors to define business process issues, analyze operational efficiencies, implement creative solutions, and measure delivery results.
- Strong ability to streamline processes and transform organization into a Lean culture
- Leadership experience with direct report and matrix / virtual teams.
- IT Services process improvement program experience.
- Working knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience facilitating team discussions
- Innovative problem solver
- Continual learner
- Ability to clearly articulate a vision and help steer a team
- IT domain and/or Healthcare domain experience a plus
Requisition Number 401476367
Duke Entity HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Code 3845 DHTS IT MANAGER
Job Family Level CD
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Credential requirements will vary, depending on work area.
IT MANAGER: Five years of directly related experience is required. SENIOR IT MANAGER: Seven years of directly related experience, including two years in management, is required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID