Social Worker, Duke Eye Center at Erwin Road
Provide psychosocial assessments, information, intervention, and discharge planning to patients and families to assist them in coping with their hospitalization, illness, diagnosis, and/or life situation and meet the continuing needs of patients post hospitalization.
- Provide psychosocial assessments of patients and families to identify emotional, social, and environmental strengths and problems related to their diagnosis, illness, treatment, and/or life situation.
- Formulate, develop, and implement a plan utilizing appropriate social work interventions.
- Collaborate with the health care team and involve the patient/family in the development and implementation of plans.
- Facilitate discharge planning across a multidisciplinary care continuum which includes interacting with consulting physicians, third party payer and other health care providers to facilitate movement of the patient through the system and arrangement of an appropriate discharge plan.
- Provide education and interventions to patients and families to enhance or restore the capacity for social functioning.
- Maintain working knowledge of and liaison with community agencies;provide information about and linkages to appropriate community services; participate in area activities related to health and social services as appropriate.
- Under the supervision of a LCSW, assist with screening, identification and management of victims of abuse, neglect, domestic violence, rape,etc.
- Make referrals as appropriate and serves as resource for the healthcare team.
- May participate in on-call or after-hours coverage.
- Document findings, plan, and actions taken according to departmental guidelines and standards.
- Participate and represent social work perspective in multidisciplinary teams, rounds, etc.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant medical/legal issues that impact on patient care, e.g., advance directives, child and elder abuse.
- Serve as a patient advocate.
- Maintain records and statistics in accordance with department policies.
- Attend and participate in staff,committee, department, and other administrative meetings.
- Participate in department and hospital continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Keep current with social work and health care developments and seek to increase further enhancement of job related knowledge.
- Provide education to other health care professionals.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate well.
- Solid knowledge of social work practice: strong assessment, interview and counseling skills.
- Self directed; ability to work independently; ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and manage time efficiently.
- Strong knowledge of governmental and private organizations and community resources.
- Basic computer skills
Requisition Number 401473339
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 5098 SOCIAL WORKER
Job Family Level E2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a minimum of a Bachelors in Social Work from CSWEaccredited school of social work.Masters of social work from an accredited school of social work.
One or more years experience in health care setting or social agency;can include social work internship.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID