RECRUIMENT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR
LECTURERS, RESEARCHERS, AND INTERNATIONAL EXPERTS
Ton Duc Thang University (TDTU) is now recruiting lecturers and researchers with PhD degrees in the following fields: Informetrics (scientometrics, bibliometrics, information science, science of science policy), Geographic Information Systems, Environment, Information Technology, Mathematics & Statistics, Economics, Management (Sports, Marketing, Hospitality, International Business), Social Sciences, Law and Pharmacy, Civil Engineering, Unions, Foreign Language, etc.
1. LECTURER POSITION
Potential candidates are foreigners with the following specific conditions:
- Teaching: teach at least 2 subjects with the following quantities: for lecturers, 12 hours / week; for assistant professors or associate professors: 09 hours / week; for full professors, 06 hours / week. Each hour equals to 60 minutes.
- Research: for lecturers: 1 published an article per year in peer-reviewed journals; for assistant professors: 1 published an article per year in a Scopus journal; for associate professors or full professors: 1 published an article per year in high impact factor journals (ISI). All articles exceeding quotas will be paid extra.
- Service: service activities which are entitled to additional income or deduction of lecture time in class include: participation in the management of subjects and departments (when required). Compulsory service activities which are not entitled to additional income or deduction of lecture time in class include: participating in program adjustment; making slides and syllabus-teaching materials; mentoring students; promoting jobs for students; recruiting international students for faculties; building business relations to search for sponsors and projects from enterprises; counseling students; supporting international cooperation; supporting or participating in organizing science conference; finding scholarships for students and colleagues; setting up a research team; and finding and introducing experts for faculties.
Every year, experts are evaluated by students, departments and school boards as a basis for increasing income and re-signing contracts. Experts are also evaluated based on the quality and effectiveness of the service output (Section c).
1.2. MONTHLY INCOME AND SUPPORT
- For long-term experts (12 months or more):
- Competitive income (negotiable); Accommodation on campus (or rented out with sponsored fees); fully furnished private office; airport pick-up and drop-off; health insurance; round trip air ticket once a year (decided by the President depending on the prestige, the scientific level, and the efficiency of the expert's work during the course).
b. For short-term experts (intermittent 12 months at campus):
- A detailed working plan with the recruiting faculty which must be approved by the President. Tasks that can be registered include: teaching, co-hosting conferences, researching collaboratively, making international publications, supervising students, etc. Living fees, personal income and other fees, which will be negotiated based on the articles quota registered in the plan; Accommodations on campus (or rented out with sponsored fees); fully furnished private office; airport pick-up and drop-off; Helpers to teach about the country and people of Vietnam, once per two months, at approved times when the expert requires
2. RESEARCHER POSITIONS
Applicants for research positions may belong to any fields of science and any nationality. You can apply for a full time job (12 months or more) or concurrent position (part time) with the following conditions:
- The main task is to do research and publish articles in ISI/Scopus journals (or international patents for applied research);
- Some other tasks in science and technology, such as cooperating with companies for external funding and international projects; organizing conferences; searching for and introducing specialists working in specialized units of TDTU;
- Teaching is encouraged (extra fees will be paid for this activity);
- Joining or setting up new research teams funded by TDTU (refer to the list of current research teams at http://science.tdtu.edu.vn/en/research/research-group).
- Some other additional tasks, based on the agreement of the two parties.
2.2. MONTHLY INCOMES AND ALLOWANCES:
- For full-time positions: income will depend on the annual registered quotas and the researcher's scientific rank. Some exceptions are open to negotiation.
- For part-time positions: Funding is based on the number of articles published by the applicant;
- In addition, research funding can be obtained from the TDTU Research Fund (refer to http://fostect.tdtu.edu.vn/en).
3. APPLICATION DOSSIER
- Letter of application (or application form);
- Curriculum vitae and scientific activities; working experience and academic activities. Please note that only good research profiles are considered. Please refer to the requirements below:
- Full-time positions: published at least 2 ISI articles (or 4 Scopus articles) as first author for the socio-economic fields; and at least 4 ISI articles as first author in other fields
- Part-time positions: published at least 1 ISI article (or 2 Scopus articles) as first author for the socio-economic field; and at least 2 ISI articles as first author in other fields.
- Certificates of academic qualifications;
- 1 letter of recommendation from a reputable professor, scientist, or manager; and 1 letter of recommendation from a colleague
- Letters of appointment for professional positions at top 500 universities in the world according to Times Higher Education World University Rankings (if any).
4. APPOINTMENT OF PROFESSIONAL TITLES AT TDTU
To applicants for full time employment (consecutive 12 months or more), after the contract is completed, you can register to be appointed to professorial titles at TDTU such as: assistant professor, associate professor, full professor; assistant research professor, associate research professor, full research professor, distinguished professor. The standards and procedures for the appointment of these specialized positions are available at: TDTU Procedure and Standards.
5. APPLICATION SUBMISSION
For more information and to apply, please click on "Apply for this job" or contact us at the following addresses:
- Department for Management of Science and Technology Development (Research Affairs), TDTU;
- Address: A303, No. 19 Nguyen Huu Tho, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Tel: +84 28 37755037; Fax: +84 28 37755055; Email address: email@example.com
- Website: http://science.tdtu.edu.vn
TDTU is looking forward to the cooperation of academics, professors, and experts from all over the world in working together for the development of education and science and technology for a world of peace and increasing prosperity. We hope you will contact us, whether by email, phone or directly to TDTU.