Tajikistan Student Recruiter
Department: School of Arts and Sciences
Duty station: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Deadline: Position open until filled
Deadline: July 17th 2018. Position will be open until filled.
The School of Arts of Sciences is seeking a Student Recruiter for Tajikistan who will assist in the design and implementation of UCA’s student recruitment strategy. A major component of the role will be the coordination and delivery of visits to high schools across the rural areas of Tajikistan. This is a hands-on recruitment position that will involve implementing student recruitment activities such as but not limited to an on-campus open house (both in Naryn and Khorog campuses), high school visits in Tajikistan (if necessary in Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan), information sessions in Tajikistan (if necessary in Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan), university fairs, pre-university upgrading programmes (summer and winter camps), online webinars, student and community engagement in all three Founding states and debates and other initiatives that will contribute to a quality number of applicants from Tajikistan.
The information sessions will inform potential applicants, teachers, and parents with accurate information about all aspects of applying to and studying at UCA. The Student Recruiter will help raise UCA’s profile within the wider community including high school principals, teachers, students and their parents, and forge close relationships with potential feeder high schools across rural Tajikistan. The Student Recruiter will also assist with logistics around the admission exam and every stage of the admissions and financial aid process. The Student Recruiter will be expected to work closely with every member of School of Arts and Sciences, and with all other UCA units, such as School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE), Graduate School of Development’s Institute of Public Policy and Administration and Mountain Societies Research Institute (IPPA, MSRI), Cultural Heritage and Humanities Unit (CHHU), Central Asian Faculty Development Programme (CAFDP), and Aga Khan Humanities Project (AKHP).
- Experience in higher education marketing, recruitment, and student recruitment and admissions at a senior level;
- Strong professional familiarity with the Tajikistan secondary and post-secondary education landscape;
- Strong network of relationships with high school principals across rural Tajikistan;
- Experience at building relationships with senior high school students and their parents;
- Experience managing academic related events;
- Experience in public speaking and presentation delivery;
- Experience building and managing complex schedules, presentations, and travel;
- Working with marketing to ensure promotional materials and online content and social networking content supports the recruitment effort;
- Experience with financial aid processes at the university level.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong operational and logistics management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams;
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short-term and long-term goals;
- Strong networking skills and ability to connect with individuals and audiences alike;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to design and maintain tracking of data related to student recruitment.
The position will be based in Dushanbe; Tajikistan however will require travel to Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic. It is estimated that the Tajikistan Student Recruiter will be in the field for at least 10 to 15 days per month, from October to June each year due to the nature of the recruitment cycle. Length and location of travel is subject to change.
Advanced English, Russian and Tajik
- Bachelor Degree from an internationally recognised higher education institution;
- Graduate Degree in a relevant subject (Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Higher Education, etc.).
Contract: This position is a full-time contract.
Salary and Package: Salary and package to attract the best candidate. The job description is subject to change.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 17th 2018. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Tajikistan Student Recruiter”. Applications will be received on a rolling basis and the position is open until filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.