Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/03/OF
Starting Salary Range: $19.62-$27
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30-5:00
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 1800 Orleanes Street
Department name: 10003170-SOM Rad Interventional Radiology
Personnel area: School of Medicine
This position involves managing the administrative, financial operations, health education and counseling, strategic marketing and facilitating patient care for the Johns Hopkins Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia (HHT) Center of Excellence.
- Responsible for coordinating all facets of the program
- Patient and data management, including scheduling, demographics and medical record compliance to optimize program efficiency.
- Patient and HHT provider database
Health Education and Counseling
- Oversee the provision of comprehensive, supportive and culturally competent health education and counseling to clients seeking screening, evaluation and treatment at the JH HHT Center of Excellence.
- Compile educational material relevant to HHT patients and their families. Oversee the development of patient information and educational programs. Coordinate and implement staff educational programs for clinical, technical and administrative staff.
- Supervise patient reception and traffic flow.
- Supervise patient registration and financial authorization systems. Ensure that patients are appropriately pre-screened for insurance eligibility and help obtain authorizations. Supervise communication of medical center financial policies to patients, answering simple patient account questions, knowing when to refer patients to financial counseling for additional help. Ensure that pre-screening is done for all patients for Medicaid eligibility. Obtain financial clearance for all patients prior to their procedures.
- Supervise clinic and program daily operations. Ensure maintenance of all clerical supplies and printed forms. Maintain systems for handling supplies (inventory) and managing equipment.
- Pre- clinic evaluation: Review new patient questionnaire, medical records and imaging reports. Phone interview with patient. Develop proposed plan of patient care based on medical history and telephone interview. Confirm plan with medical directors. Ensure plan implementation.
- Refer HHT patient to appropriate HHT team providers.
- Attend HHT clinic to assist with care coordination and notetaking
Strategic Planning & Marketing
- Develop and maintain liaisons with community agencies including HHT Foundation that can provide an ongoing referral network to the Johns Hopkins Hospital HHT Center of Excellence providing patient’s with access to health care, clinical trials and support services as needed.
- Assist with the development of mailings and marketing for the program.
High School Diploma/GED. 5 years progressively responsible administrative experience. Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Experience with clinic management and program development preferred.
Any specific physical requirements for the job:
Must be able to lift 25 lbs., Must be able to sit for long period of time, and must be able to climb at least 4 flights of stairs.
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Current CPR Certification and completion of the JHH credentialing process is required prior to the start date. License must remain active throughout duration of employment.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- This position requires knowledge of Vascular Anomalies and HHT and how to best meet the needs of this patient group.
- Skills using word processors, excel and database management required.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with medical personnel, support staff, employees, community organizations, and other professionals in the field of Vascular Anomalies.
- Ability to establish and implement long term goals and objectives required.
- Ability to establish, implement, monitor and evaluate financial planning, reporting and management systems required.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
School of Medicine - East Baltimore Campus