Lean Improvement Specialist Primary Care
DPC PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE
Contribute to the achievement of the DUHS mission through the development and leadership of performance improvement activities in the operational and/or clinical arenas. Assure continual compliance with regulations and accreditation standards through monitoring activities and the design and implementation of strategies to enhance compliance.
- Plan activities aimed at improving the Duke Primary Care’s performance in operations or clinical quality.
- Monitor patient and provider flow for efficient patient quality and safety
- Identify opportunities for improved performance. Analyze data to identify adverse trends and/or undesirable performance.
- Utilize performance improvement techniques and methodologies.
- Serve as a project manager for interdisciplinary teams.
- Establish performance targets.
- Design and implement strategies for enhancing performance.
- Evaluate effectiveness of improvement strategy through sustained monitoring of performance.
- Contribute to the establishment of performance improvement priorities for departments, functional units and for the organization as a whole.
- Support organization's efforts to maintain compliance with regulations and accreditation standards. Monitor compliance through formal and informal processes. Recognize opportunities for improving compliance.
- Design and implement strategies for enhancing compliance.
- Evaluate effectiveness of improvement strategy through sustained monitoring of performance. Increase organizational understanding of performance improvement methodologies and principles and compliance through the support of and participation in formal and informal professional development activities.
- Serve as an expert resource on performance improvement and compliance as it relates to organizational role.
- Produce reports and presentations on performance improvement and compliance.
- Develop, maintains and enhances knowledge through orientation, self- evaluation and professional development.
- Responsibilities may include varying levels of strategic planning and human and fiscal resource management.
- Facilitate Orientation of employees to lean techniques and performance excellence
- Utilize effective Lean coaching strategies and team facilitation skills to assist project teams on designing/implementing key strategic initiatives.
- Coach leaders and front-line staff on how to foster a culture of continuous improvement at the local practice level using the DPC Lean management system (CIS).
- Works collaboratively with key stakeholders (including HCAs, Nurse Manager, Regional & Director-level leaders) on various performance improvement projects that aim to improve clinic workflows, patient experience, patient flow, and/or health outcomes.
- Assists in the design, planning, and facilitation of rapid improvement events across the Duke Primary Care Network.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Healthcare process improvement and lean improvement skills preferred
- Knowledge of ambulatory or hospital patient flow/healthcare lean training
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with customers/front line staff with diverse educational backgrounds
- Analysis of data and processes for opportunities for improvement
- Ability to manage numerous diverse projects simultaneously through effective priority setting, efficient use of time, organization
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and regulations related to health care
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer literacy
Requisition Number 401475106
Duke Entity DUKE PRIMARY CARE
Job Code 5102 STRATEGIC SERVICES ASSOCIATE
Job Family Level G2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelors degree in a business or health-related field is required.
Minimum of 5 years work experience, including 3 years of experience with significant responsibility for performance/ process improvement. Experience leading work teams required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID