Director, PDC, Privacy and Security, Compliance Department
PDC Associate Privacy and Security Officer- Compliance Department
The Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC), PLLC is seeking an innovative and independently driven leader looking to take on the challenge of the newly created Associate Privacy and Security Officer position. The Associate Privacy and Security Officer works directly with the PDC Chief Compliance Officer and the rest of the Duke Health community in helping build and lead a HIPAA-centric culture based on our primary mission of supporting our patients.
Working in collaboration w/ our Physician and Administrative Leadership teams, the Associate Privacy and Security Officer will empower PDC staff to understand the core elements of HIPAA regulations and how each and every staff member can contribute to keeping patient information secure and safe at Duke Health.
The PDC is the independent, multi-specialty physician practice of Duke Health and is focused on providing the highest quality services to its 1,675 physician members and their patients. Founded in 1931, the PDC is one of the first and largest faculty practices in the United States and recently celebrated 85 years of healthcare excellence.
- Provide strategic planning and direction for the Privacy and Security portion of department in accordance with the vision, values and expectations of the Private Diagnostic Clinics. Promote and model a HIPAA-centric culture and provide education and support within the department as well as with external clients and customers.
- Maintain liaison with all levels of administration, physicians and other PDC/Duke Health business partners to coordinate projects/business and accomplish directives. Ensure the department is integrated with other departmental areas within the PDC/Duke Health in regard to both privacy and security related issues. Work closely with IT security staff, HIM teams, and other information technology personnel to ensure that the organization’s privacy protections keep pace with technological advances.
- Support PDC’s efforts to maintain compliance with Privacy and Security regulations and accreditation standards. Monitor compliance through formal and informal processes. Recognize opportunities for improving compliance in Privacy and Security. Design and implement strategies for enhancing compliance. Conduct investigations / risk assessments of privacy and security related complaints and respond to privacy and security related inquiries from workforce members, patients, Duke Health Partners, the compliance hotline or other sources. This work includes responding timely to incidents and inquiries received, documenting the work and actions taken in a central database, and tracking investigations and inquiries
- Serve as an expert resource on Privacy and Security activity as it relates to organizational role.
- Supervise and coordinate work of designated employees. Direct and coordinate various personnel functions including, but not limited to: hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules. Develop and mentor direct reports and staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and experience in working with HIPAA related regulations and guidance and specific experience in the privacy sector including conducting risk assessments.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of leadership and staff.
- To actively lead major projects and initiatives, while also leading change in a in a dynamic matrixed environment
- Knowledge and experience in Project Management
4 years degree
Healthcare business and operations management experience (personnel, projects or consulting) or greater than 5 years preferred or combination
Privacy and Security experience / certification preferred.
- Develop Budget Recommendations
- Prepare budget requests & written narratives
- Review expenses against budget
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
Requisition Number 401475693
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 5184 DIRECTOR, PDC
Job Family Level H2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Bachelor's degree in business or related field is required.
Five years of experience in healthcare or other applicable experience directly related to the department is required.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID