Senior/Staff IT Internal Auditor
Office of the Chief Risk Officer
Internal Audit, a division of the Office of the Chief Risk Officer (OCRO), is seeking a talented IT Auditor to join us. Our mission is to be a valued partner and advisor to our clients. We identify business/IT risks and guide University leadership in addressing the risks. If you enjoy variety, like to tackle and solve interesting problems and be a risk and controls consultant for management, we invite you to consider this phenomenal opportunity.
- Participate in the annual IT risk assessment activities, conduct meetings with multiple Stanford Senior leadership, and assist in drafting annual IT audit project plans.
- Develop IT audit plans, and audit programs, and perform independent, risk based IT audit and advisory activities, in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Conduct audit and advisory projects in the areas of cybersecurity, cloud security, data governance, vendor management, and privacy.
- Prepare audit work papers to ensure they support the conclusions and results based on appropriate evidence, analyses, and evaluations.
- Communicate the results of IT audit projects via written reports and oral presentations to management.
- Conduct periodic follow-up reviews to assess and report on progress or completion of management's corrective actions in response to IT audit observations and recommendations.
- Pursue and cultivate productive customer and staff relationships.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and four years relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills.
- Working Knowledge of IT security frameworks such as COBIT, NIST, ISO 27001, and audit standards such as SSAE 16 or Service Organization Controls (SOC), reports, and the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Ability to work independently and require minimal supervision on all but unique matters.
- Demonstrated excellent judgment and sound decision making to obtain viable solutions.
- Ability to see the big picture, connecting-the-dots, creative, forward-thinking and comfortable taking difficult positions while maintaining effective relationships with the diverse Stanford business units and OCRO personnel.
- Foundational knowledge on emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, and Blockchain, is a plus.
Ideally the candidate should have one or more of the following certifications:
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or similar certification
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You:
Stanford University is one of the world's most renowned universities, sitting in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area among the valley's most dynamic companies. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs and tuition reimbursement. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Redwood City. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus, scheduled to open in 2019, will be the workplace for approximately 2,700 staff, including OCRO, whose jobs are important to supporting the university’s mission. The campus will offer amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
How to Apply
Are you interested in joining a cohesive and collaborative IT Audit team at Stanford? We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. Please submit your résumé and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.