Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant, Epilepsy and Sleep
Epilepsy and Sleep
The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant:
Augment a physician's ability to provide medical services to patients; collect and document data, conduct diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, order and schedule laboratory studies and professional consultations and provide direct patient care services.
The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant provides medical care to adult patients in the Department of Epilepsy and Sleep
Duties may include but are not limited to those listed below and may include other outpatient procedures or services as deemed appropriate by the supervising physician.
- Record the history of present illness, past medical, family and social history
- Perform physical examinations
- Establish and follow the plan of care in conjunction with MD
- Prescribe appropriate medications to a specialty pharmacy that will handle prior authorization and other necessary paperwork; Order refills as needed
- Patient and family teaching
- Order appropriate labs, tests, and procedures and follow up with the patient as needed
- Coordinate care and refer to other medical professionals as needed
- Respond to patient messages via clinic,telephone, and other patient encounters in the Epic (Maestro) system
- Review lab results in Maestro, communicate and interpret results
- Collaborate with nursing staff to complete patie
Requisition Number 401464272
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 1129 NURSE PRACTITIONER
Job Family Level 78
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires graduation from a Physician Assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or its predecessor agencies - OR - completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program, with a Master's degree in Nursing
None one required above the education/training requirement but relevant experience or clinical rotations are always a plus.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
PA - Must have a Physician Assistant Certificate of Registration with the North Carolina Medical Board or be certification eligible, and be certified as a Physician Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
NP - State of North Carolina licensure is required.
Auto req ID