Postdoctoral Fellow in Mechanical Engineering
Organization Name Mechanicial Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University
- The Research Fellow(s) will work in the areas of design, additive manufacturing, characterization and testing of nanoscale, multiscale and multifunctional composites with an objective of optimizing structural and functional response under a range of loading conditions
- Research and publications, report writing
- Candidates shall have a PhD degree in a relevant discipline (Mechanical, Materials or Aerospace Engineering) from a reputable university.
- Strong background and experience in nano- and micro-structural characterization and macroscale testing of multiscale hybrid/multifunctional composites, including damage and/or fracture. Additive Manufacturing of nanocomposites, fiber-composites and multiscale lattice/architectured materials. Experimental characterization of thermal, mechanical, electrical and Piezoresistive behavior of multiscale hierarchical composites
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement