Research Engineer in Industrial and Systems Engineering
Organization Name Industrial and Systems Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publications thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the research engineering experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher and continuing to a PhD or industrial career, the research engineer tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda.
In support of the funded CIRA-2018-097 Project titled “Integration of Renewable Energy in Key Industrial Sectors for UAE” we are seeking for an enthusiastic and qualified research engineer. The successful candidate is expected to be instrumental in the development and application of an industrial energy model focusing on the aluminum, steel and petrochemical industries of the UAE and the ways these industries can integrate renewable energy in their production. The project requires initiation and/or contribution towards the following tasks:
- Data collection from in-situ measurements and audits of actual industrial lines,
- collection, assessment and organization of industrial data from the available literature,
- development of process-based and energy-focused simulation models of the related industries,
- conducting numerical and experimental analysis for improving process integration and utilization of waste energy streams
- developing process configuration optimization tools using GAMS,
- renewable energy systems modeling,
- documentation of contributions and writing components of progress reports and academic papers.
This position is focusing on candidates familiar with the aluminum industry that can focus on tasks while contributing to the others.
- The candidate should have at least a Master’s Degree in one of the following fields or closely related: Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Systems, Material Science, Electrical Engineering or Chemical Engineering.
The candidate should have at least 1 year of demonstrated research experience in some of the following areas:
- Industrial systems modeling
- Simulation modeling (discrete/process-based/numerical)
- Renewable Energy Systems modeling and analysis
- Structural and Numerical Analysis
- Timeseries and Data analysis and integration
- Optimization using GAMS or related software
- Authorship of academic publications
Prior industrial experience is not required but is an advantage
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
More searches like this
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Chemical Engineering Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates