Postdoctoral Fellow in Mechanical Engineering
Organization Name Mechanical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Help design and fabricate the various components of the proposed solar powered atmospheric water collector
- Help in the experimental investigation of the proposed solar powered atmospheric water collector
- The main task is to modify and improve the polymeric material. This includes methods to alter the critical solution temperature of the polymeric material; Polymeric material with higher uptake capacity; techniques for coating the polymeric material on metal substrate.
- Raise purchase orders
- Prepare manuscripts for publications in collaboration with other team members.
- Present research findings at professional meetings
- Design and conduct research within the area of desiccant material with the focus on the polymeric material in hand.
- Help supervise the graduate students (one Ph.D. and three M.Sc.)
- Ph.D. in related technical, scientific or engineering discipline from an accredited institute
- Strong communication and writing skills
- A high level of self-motivation
- The ability to work independently and in teams
- Ability to conduct experiments
- Work with desiccant material
- Knowledge of coating techniques
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement