Ambulatory Care Nurse II, Triangle Family Practice
DUAP TRIANGLE FAMILY PRACTICE
Duke University Health System- Duke Primary Care seeks to hire Ambulatory Care Nurses who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
- Plan, provide and document professional nursing care in ambulatory settings, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures, under the supervision of the nurse manager, charge nurse or practice manager.
- Collect and analyze patient data, make recommendations for nursing care plans, evaluate nursing care provided, document and communicate appropriately nursing actions taken and patient responses.
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed and unlicensed care providers.
- Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of patient care and serve as a team leader.
- Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care, including equipment and material resources.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Support the development of other staff and formal learners. Participate in the identification of clinical, operational and safety related performance improvement opportunities.
- Participate in clinic or entity level performance improvement activities.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- Knowledge of scope of the registered nurse, licensed practical nurse and all unlicensed assistive personnel
- Knowledge of and appropriate application of the nursing process Knowledge of professional theory, practice and procedures
- Ability to assess nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients and their families
- Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships Ability to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others Ability to teach patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care
- Ability to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information, treatment, and follow-up
- Ability to use fine motor skills
- Competent in BLS and/or other specialized life support requirements designated by work area or organization Ability to record activities, document assessments, plan of care, interventions, evaluation and re- evaluation of patient status
- Ability to use the computer and learn new software programs Ability to document and communicate pertinent information using computer and/or paper documentation tools
- Ability to navigate the entity to provide clinical care for patients Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking with the ability to move or lift at least fifty pounds
- Ability to remain focused and organized
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to ambulatory patients Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions
- Working knowledge and completion of appropriate TJC and other regulatory requirements
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program is required.
All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date
Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required:
Duke Health Highlights:
In addition to our three hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Primary Care is the largest primary care network in the greater Triangle area with family medicine and internal medicine providers, and pediatricians in nearly 30 locations throughout the region.
equisition Number 401395314
Duke Entity DUKE PRIMARY CARE
Job Code 4180 AMBULATORY CARE NURSE II
Job Family Level E1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree inNursing or Nursing Diploma program.All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (orhigher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program withintwo years of their start date and to complete the program within fiveyears of their start date.
Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required. At amanager's discretion, employees with 6 months of experience who areexceptional performers may be eligible for this level.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of NorthCarolina. BLS required.
Auto req ID