Research Assistant in Petroleum Engineering Department
Organization Name Petroleum Engineering Department
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- We are looking for a Research Assistant to work in a sponsored project from ADNOC. The objective of the research project is to offer such detailed study, investigating the various aspects of the characterization and modelling of the capillary transition zones of Carbonate oil reservoirs of Abu Dhabi including:
- Wettability and initial water saturation modeling
- Rock typing
- Static modeling
- Dynamic modeling
- Production performance analysis
- Closely work with focal point of the project from ADNOC side
- Continuous communication with ADNOC
- Organized meeting with ADNOC and present the results
- Prospective applicants preferably have an MSc/PhD degree related to Petroleum Engineering.
- Experience in reservoir characterization and modeling works.
- Applicants should be familiar with petroleum engineering software like CMG, Petrel, and Eclipse.
- Applicants should have an excellent academic record with background in path planning, preferably in petroleum engineering.
- The successful applicant(s) will be able to conduct work independently as well as collaborate effectively with members of a larger team.
- Good English skill is required.
- Industry experience is preferred.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement