Research Associate in Mechanical and Materials Engineering
Organization Name Mechanical and Materials Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Operational Responsibilities
- Candidates shall have a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (Mechanical, Materials or Aerospace Engineering) from a reputable university.
- Strong background and experience in multiscale modeling of hybrid/multifunctional composites.
- Multi-physics through-process modeling of Additively Manufactured Cellular materials
- Impact damage modeling of multiscale composites
- Modeling of thermal, electrical and piezoresistive behavior of multiscale hierarchical composites or nanocomposites
- Experience in writing user subroutines (for example UMAT for Abaqus FEA), working knowledge of MATLAB, Digimat FE, OptiStruct, Maple/Mathematica and Python scripting; COMSOL Multiphysics.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement