- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
- Location- Paddington Campus, Sydney Australia
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Galleries presents approximately 12 exhibitions annually, accompanied by an extensive program of public and faculty events. This includes UNSW Art & Design’s ANNUAL, one of Australia's largest and most diverse national showcase of graduate contemporary art, design and creative media work.
The role of Exhibitions Manager reports to the Director and has direct reports to the Exhibitions Coordinator and casual staff employed for the installation of exhibitions.
About the role
- $91,755 plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- 3 year-Fixed term
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Managing a multifaceted program of exhibitions and programs at UNSW Galleries. This includes developing exhibition schedules, monitoring budgets, arranging transport of works and liaising with a range of internal and external stakeholders in the development of projects.
- Developing and negotiating exhibition-related contracts with artists, guest curators, organising institutions and participating venues, and ensuring that contractual obligations are met.
- Work with exhibiting artists, guest curators and writers to shape the development of projects.
- Supporting the Director and Deputy Director in securing grants and other external funding for exhibitions and projects, as required.
- Managing incoming and outgoing touring exhibitions with partnering institutions and responding to exhibition-related proposals and inquiries.
- Cooperating with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Steve Lalic Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: (61 2) 9385 3426
Applications close: 9th Sep 11.00 pm
Find out more about working at UNSW at your Faculty/Division web address
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity