Ambulatory Care Nurse II, Dermatology
Duke Dermatology - MOH's
Independently plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in the Moh's Surgical Clinic in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care and established policies and procedures. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Intake for surgical patients and return patients
- Preparing patients for Mohs layers and reconstructive surgery
- Assisting Dr. Cook with Moh's surgery and reconstructive surgery
- Providing education to patients and family members
- Providing post-op care to return patients
- Surgical instrument processing
- Sterile tray prep
- Nurse Triage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Mohs experience and/or surgical experience are helpful but are not required for this position
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES:
Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate’s Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. All registered nurses without a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES:
Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required. Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina. BLS required. Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills &cooperation.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands &priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 50 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
4180 AMBULATORY CARE NURSE II
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required. At a manager's discretion, employees with 6 months of experience who are exceptional performers may be eligible for this level.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes.
To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID