Staff Assistant, Pediatrics/Primary Care
- Control call flow and duration to efficiently meet caller needs.
- Take complete phone messages for providers in Epic/Maestro. Correctly route and print messages to appropriate clinic site based on clinic and provider procedures.
- Correctly identify calls to send to Triage line.
- Sort and distribute mail to division faculty and staff.
- Identify urgent requests/notifications and bring to provider or manager attention .
- Manage incoming faxes for division faculty and staff.
- Identify urgent requests/notifications and bring to provider or manager attention.
- Newborn Screening Program Assist Newborn Screening Coordinator with input of normal lab results to newborn screening database.
- Assist with sorting of mail to ensure Newborn Screening Program Coordinator receives all urgent results.
- Mail normal results to main medical records and pediatric medical records.
- Enter DRH baby information into Newborn Screening database that will be patients of Duke Children Primary Care.
- Train to act as back-up for the Newborn Screening Coordinator.
- Management of Travel and Corporate Card and AP check requests.
- Complete Travel and Misc. reimbursements. Clear Corporate Card transactions for Pediatric Primary Care cardholders and act as backup for Healthy Lifestyles.
- Reconcile Corporate Card purchases in Travel and Corporate Card system using correct cost object, G/L, company code and cost indicator information.
- Process AP check requests.
- Arrange monthly CME provider meeting.
- Assist with scheduling of conference rooms.
- Assist with ordering of office supplies
- Cover other duties as needed when administrative staff are away.
MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Windows Explorer, Epic/Maestro Scheduling and Template editing, Travel and Corporate Card program, AP check request system,problem solving, organizational skills.
Strong preference for candidates with three to four years of clinical office experience.
148 STAFF ASST
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes.
To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires three years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities. OR and equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Auto req ID