Postdoctoral Fellow in Geoscience
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Develop numerical methods for 2.5D/3D frequency-domain seismic wave-field in anisotropic, viscoelastic media.
- Develop computer software of the frequency-domain seismic full-waveform inversion (FDS-FWI) to image geological structure of 2D/3D carbonate reservoirs.
- Supervise post-graduate students.
- Optimize and calibrate the following computer programs:
- 2D/3D frequency-domain seismic wave modelling in anisotropic viscoelastic media.
- Computation of the Jacobian matrix for anisotropic and attenuation parameters.
- Sensitivity analysis of the full-waveform spectral data to anisotropic and attenuation parameters of media.
- Nonlinear inversion algorithm of multi-parameter with geological structure constraints.
- Conduct synthetic and practical experiments of FDS-FWI.
- Prepare oral presentation or posters for international conference/workshop, and manuscripts for publications in journals.
- Supervise post-graduate students to conduct synthetic and practical experiments of FDS-FWI.
- PhD of Geophysics, or Applied Mathematics, or Computer Science
- Finite-difference/finite element/spectral numerical method.
- Seismic wave modelling in acoustic/elastic/anisotropic/viscoelastic media.
- Optimization method/inversion algorithm
- Computer programming using Fortran/C++/Matlab.
- Parallel computations.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
More searches like this
- Permanent Computer Science Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Mathematics & Statistics Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Physical Sciences Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Physics & Astronomy Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates