Postdoctoral Fellow in Industrial and System Engineering
Industrial and System Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- This research position is part of a project aimed to investigate the optimal usage of the Additive Manufacturing technology (also known as 3D printing) in Spare Parts Logistics. The overall objective of this project is to develop decision support models for optimizing the supply chain when using AM for spare parts and to examine the impact of Additive Manufacturing on the local industries and maintenance suppliers, especially in terms of equipment availability, production efficiency, safely and general cost reduction.
- Candidates must hold a Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering / Operations Research / Computer Science, or in a related field. Doctoral students close to completing their Ph.D. are also encouraged to apply. The candidate should have demonstrated excellence and potential for academic research. The advertisement is targeted to candidates with an interest in the areas of optimization, queueing systems, inventory control, and maintenance logistics. Candidates are expected to work both independently and in a project team.
- Strong scientific programming skills (e.g. based on Python, Java, C/C++) are necessary. Experience with optimization tools, DE or ABM simulation and data analytics is an asset. Fluency in English and good communication skills are essential.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement