Research Associate in Electrical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- An established track record evident by publication in top quality journals. The ideal candidate should also have expertise in some of the following areas of Control, Power System, and Power Electronics pertaining to spacecraft and aeronautical electrical power sub-system (EPS):
- Design and control of Power Electronic based DC power system configurations for EPS
- Stability analysis, closed loop control and power management of EPS
- Fault detection, isolation, and recovery for EPS
- Real-time simulation using OPAL-RT or RTDS lab
- Development of scaled experimental prototypes of EPS
- Proven programming skills for analytical and modeling purposes, e.g. Matlab and PSCAD
- Fluency in communicating, reading and writing in English
- Conduct research to meet project goals
- Lead and support MSc or PhD students on the project
- Technical report and research paper writing
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant area and a good track record evident by publication in top quality journals. Candidate should have minimum one IEEE Transactions papers accepted or published.
- Hands on experimental prototyping experience. Expertise/ strong background in one or more areas: Power Electronics, DSP based control of Power Electronics system, DC Micro-grid, Power System Stability & optimization and/or Real-time Simulation using OPAL-RT.
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement