Postdoctoral Fellow in Geo-Informatics
Civil Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Being the Postdoctoral experience transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral fellow will have to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance her/his career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Furthermore, this specific project requires support in outsourcing and processing remote sensing data and assimilation of data from various sources for the assessment of Abu Dhabi Mangroves health.
- To implement a GIS based mapping platform for the visualization and analyses of spatial data for the Mangrove Health monitoring campaign.
- To help in defining ad-hoc health metrics/indices for Mangroves in Arid environments from remotely sensed data merged with ground truth observations.
- To help in performing ground observations (Phar, LAI) at the Abu Dhabi mangrove National Park.
- To interpret remote sensing data to assess the health of Mangroves in Abu Dhabi;
- To develop a GIS based mapping platform for the visualization and analyses of spatial data for the Mangrove Health monitoring campaign;
- To collaborate to the field observational campaign of Abu Dhabi Mangroves (PHAR, LAI measurements);
- Support the integration of ground observations and remotely sensed data.
MSc and PhD in Geo-Informatics or Environmental Engineering, or Physics or appropriate interdisciplinary PhD
Experience in :
- Remote Sensing and Geo-Informatics research.
- Experience in implementing Geo-statistical tools.
- Experience in Forestry and Forest Management will be considered a plus.
- Willingness to perform observations and data acquisition in the field
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
More searches like this
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Physical Sciences Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent General Engineering Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Physics & Astronomy Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates