Research Program Leader
The Project Manager at Duke will have responsibilities both locally and as project manager for the entire study which will involve facilitating study management across all sites.
- Plan, implement and coordinate systems designed to monitor the collection, storing, cleaning and dissemination of data related to specific projects as required to assist programs and/or projects director.
- This position will be responsible for assisting with developing and ensuring timely completion of study protocol and regulatory documents, screening EMR for potentially eligible subjects, assisting with subject recruitment, communicating with referring clinicians and other practice staff locally regarding study protocol, obtaining informed consent, randomizing subjects to appropriate intervention, and tracking completion of study-related activities by participant.
- Maintain liaison with project participants, including researchers, project personnel, participating subjects as well as other interested parties to establish a communication system to coordinate the various aspects of the project; respond to inquiries about the project according to established policies and procedures.
- Prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations and/or conclusions as requested.
- Review and evaluate data monitoring and handling systems to determine consistency of data collected from various sources; recommend changes and modification to systems as required to ensure timeliness, accuracy and efficiency.
- Participate in local study meetings as well as meetings with entire study team across sites and work closely with PI to assure on-time completion of all study related activities.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
- This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
1280 RESEARCH PROGRAM LEADER
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging.
Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes.
To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
- Completion of a bachelor's degree plus a minimum of four years of research experience.
- Completion of a master's degree plus a minimum of two years of research experience.
Auto req ID