Research Fellow in Person re-identification
This role will join the team of researchers working on the EPSRC funder research project FACER2VM. The primary responsibility will be to lead the work in the development of soft biometrics and their use as priors face for automatic unconstrained 2D face matching in images and video, and for person re-identification. The work will be driven by user requirements defined by external project partners. Accordingly, it will involve multimodal and cross-modal data analysis using vision and language. The post holder will be expected to interact with collaborators at Imperial College and Stirling University.
The post holder will:
- Conduct research in face recognition as part of the FACER2VM project and report the results in top ranking pattern analysis and biometrics journals.
- Lead and coordinate the FACER2VM project research activities in Stream 6 (soft biometrics).
- Actively contribute to FACER2VM project system integration activities and evaluation campaigns.
- Prepare reports of the project on Stream 6 activities (soft biometrics).
- Actively contribute to the FACER2VM outreach and technology transfer activities.
- Engage in teaching and PhD student supervision, and co-supervise junior research staff, especially in the area of machine learning.
- Contribute to proposal writing
The desirable candidate will have:
- A PhD in Face Recognition or equivalent experience
- Post-doctoral research experience
- Project leadership ability
- Strong research publication track record
- Familiarity with benchmarking face matching databases and protocols
- Ability to communicate with internal and external collaborators
- Experience in pattern recognition and machine learning, including deep learning
- Experience in joint vision-language image analysis
- GPU programming experience
The University of Surrey is amongst the highest achieving universities in the United Kingdom, having been awarded the Times/Sunday Times University of the Year Award for 2016. We are ranked in the top 10 in the Guardian University Guide 2018.
In addition to your salary you will receive a generous annual leave entitlement, pension provision and excellent development opportunities. Our benefits package also includes an exclusive discounted membership package to the Surrey Sports Park and an on-site Nursery.
Please apply online through the button below.
For more information and to apply online, please download the further details and click on the 'apply online' button above.
We acknowledge, understand and embrace diversity.