Lecturer (LPC) - Property
2 days left
- Full Time
A Visiting Lecturer has the following core areas of responsibility:
- Teaching on a range of law school programmes and subjects as required
- Marking assessment materials
- Contributing to curriculum development work, including scholarship and innovation, planning and evaluation as required
- Providing pastoral support and guidance of students on relevant programmes and modules as required
- Ensuring regulatory compliance with BPP systems and processes
Through this, you will work with and support the faculty in delivering excellence in teaching, materials and pastoral support within a compliant regulatory framework.
BPP University Law School has a reputation for excellence in professional education built on proven ability to offer students the skills they need to succeed in a legal career. Working with over 150 law firms and with many chambers, BPP prides itself on being at the cutting edge of professional legal education giving students core skills and a competitive advantage to ensure success.
The Legal Practice course is the vocational stage of training for a future solicitor. It forms part of the BPP University Law School suite of programmes offered. The other programmes are the Bar Professional Training Course, Graduate Diploma in Law and legal apprenticeship programmes.
The visiting lecturer will teach and be assigned to the LPC, with potential for occasional cross-programme teaching as the need and areas of expertise requires.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Teaching on a law school programme
- Keeping abreast of new developments in relevant areas of law and practice and be a subject matter expert
- Keeping abreast of relevant pedagogic methodologies, including undertaking training and development as required
- Attending practice area and module team meetings or liaising with other tutors as required to ensure uniform delivery of modules in order to ensure successful progression of students between and within programmes and modules
- Preparing for teaching and teaching in small and/or larger groups as required
- Striving to obtain the highest level of teaching feedback from students
- Assisting with the smooth running of assessments as required
- Mark formative and summative assessments and giving feedback in accordance with BPP policies
- Contributing to curriculum development work, including innovation, planning and evaluation including those relating to specific modules and courses as required
- Attending any relevant training in relation to law and practice, course design and innovation as required
- Providing appropriate academic and pastoral support and guidance to students throughout their academic studies, and ensure students are directed to appropriate BPP operational services when necessary
- Actively encourage student engagement with their programme of study using the available resources
- Ensure regulatory compliance with BPP systems and processes, including timely and accurate completion of reports and data into all BPP systems and processes as required
- Attend training, as required, to ensure up to date knowledge of BPP systems and processes
- Other responsibilities within the remit of the role generally to be agreed from time to time.
The role of a Law School Visiting Lecturer will develop your skills as a professional educator. Training will be offered covering areas such as classroom techniques, marking assessments, developing teaching and assessment materials, university regulations, BPP systems and processes as required and agreed from time to time.
Please refer to full job description