Human Resources Manager, DUHS Clinical Labs Human Resources
General Description of the Job Class:
Provide accurate, responsive and efficient HR consultation to assigned units. Serve as consultant strategist for the following areas: rewards and recognition, performance management, recruitment/ retention, policy development/interpretation, dispute resolution/mediation communication, HRIS, HR/Payroll transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level :
- In collaboration with entity/department senior management, develop, execute and evaluate human resources goals, expected outcomes and priorities for assigned departments.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to influence effective, efficient and customer focused HR services. Promote work force diversity, management/employee input/evaluation and staff wellness in HR service delivery. Design methods for continuous improvement in the delivery of services by soliciting internal and external feedback, using best practice models and organizational goals.
- Collaborate with department Directors on manpower planning/needs.
- Establish effective communication channels internally and externally.
- In collaboration with entity/department senior management, assess HR and establish service delivery model within designated department(s).
- Serves as liaison with DUHS Corporate HR specialty consultants in compensation, performance management, transactions, employee records, workers compensation, unemployment benefits and information systems.
- Support customer service and work culture initiatives by integrating HR service delivery. Collaborates with management/staff on ways to support organization, customer service training, improve customer service and reward/recognize quality customer service, performance management, recruitment/ retention, policy development/interpretation, dispute resolution/mediation communication, HRIS, HR/Payroll transactions.
- Recommend to entity/department senior executive, service agreements to include performance outcome regarding internal contracting with Duke HR and other external/internal stakeholders.
- Evaluate data needs and data sources in order to collect, analyze and distribute critical data pertaining to assigned departments as well as federal/state reporting.
- Governed by broad instructions, objectives and policies. Requires considerable judgment to apply in developing approaches and techniques Position must be able to assess and deliver various HR services to diverse departments.
- Conduct HR planning, modeling and retention activities.
- Communicate with minimum supervision.
- Must provide policies/procedures and management/employee consultation on issues that require analysis and interpretation of complex policies/procedures.
- Responsible for supervision of HR staff including: check and approve work; recommend salary adjustments; make hiring recommendations; carry out performance evaluations; make recommendations regarding unsatisfactory employees; make recommendations to terminate unsatisfactory employees; set departmental goals and objectives in collaboration with department director; assign work; instruct and train in methods and procedures; maintain staff records.
- The HR Manager may have a dotted line reporting relationship to the CHRO for Duke Medicine.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate HR operational leadership by effectively demonstrating some knowledge of healthcare and considerable knowledge of HR practices/policies related to employment
- Labor relations - EEO/AA, diversity, compensation and program evaluation.
- Must be able to develop spreadsheets, presentations and documents.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Requisition Number 401439556
Duke Entity DUHS CLINICAL LABS
Job Code 5053 HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Job Family Level G2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes.
To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university required.
Work requires three years of business and/or administrative experience, with exposure to human resources activities, to acquire knowledge of human resources policies and procedures necessary to manage the personnel activities of a department or division.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications N/A
Auto req ID