Project Manager, Facility
Facilities Plan, Design & Cons
Prepare and review new capital architectural/engineering projects for Duke University Medical Center and Health System expansion and renovation programs and organize all services necessary for construction.
- Support the Facility Planning, Design & Construction office by providing project management for funded facility projects as assigned.
- Direct schematic studies, preliminary plans, and contract documents for building projects prepared by consultants to the institution.
- Direct projects for the institution. Observe projects under construction to ensure adherence to sound architectural and Duke standards.
- Represent the Medical Center or Health System at owner-architect-contractor meetings.
- Observe construction projects to ensure that materials and methods used are in compliance with established safety standards and specifications and to ensure the adherence to sound engineering standards.
- Report to members of administration on project issues.
- Assist interior design staff on project as directed. Work with same to establish furniture budgets on projects managed.
- Prepare cost estimates and assist in identifying expenditures to establish project budgets.
- Monitor established project budgets through design and construction.
- Supervise drafting staff on specific projects as assigned, and direct draft persons in carrying out assignments related to projects being carried out by the department.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Requisition Number 401443609
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 2123 MEDICAL FACILITIES PLANNER
Job Family Level 15
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering,Construction Management or related field of study.
Work requires a minimum of five years experience in design, planning,evaluation and architectural programming related to institutionaland/or health care buildings and systems.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID