Psychology Experimental Officer
3 days left
- Full Time
Job title: Psychology Experimental Officer (grade 4)
Salary: £21k - £25k per annum
This is an opportunity to join a growing team of Psychology academics at Arden.
Main functions are:
- supporting psychology students in planning and carrying out practical work relevant to their degree studies;
- working with academics to make the best use of resources and to contribute to the development and maintenance of resources in the discipline. This will involve providing advice and guidance to staff and students and to provide training for academic staff on psychology-specific resources;
- overseeing access to resources, for example by administering software licences to students and their access to such resources.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Support (assist and advise) students at all levels (access, undergraduate, postgraduate and research) in the preparation and use of specialist software and support experiments used for teaching and research activity.
- Provide support through direct interaction with students, via demonstrations, tutorials and through the provision of training materials (such as the production of ‘how-to’ guides).
- Work with programme leaders and external suppliers to maintain existing and future resource needs
- To be proactive in identifying and developing technical solutions to a range of problems associated with teaching in an online environment. To maintain records relating to equipment, consumables, and software for learning and teaching.
- Oversee access to the virtual laboratory and all resources by maintaining booking systems and access systems.
- A good degree in psychology and eligible for the GBC
- Knowledge and understanding of how to carry out research projects
- Some experience of teaching students in HE or FE
- A good understanding of psychological research methods and statistics relevant to undergraduate psychology
- IT skills appropriate to the job roles, including knowledge of psychology software and how it is used; familiarity with Microsoft Office; experience with an online learning environment.
- Effective written, verbal and time management skills.
- Understanding of relevant health and safety issues at work.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Experience in skills demonstration or instruction.
- Knowledge and experience of:
- Software and hardware to record responses, such as reaction times, psychophysiological measures, and psychometric tests
- Tool that support survey methods
- Software to support creative methods, such as image, audio, and video creation and editing
- Computer programming or scripting.
Arden offer a comprehensive range of company benefits, including; BUPA Cash Plan, 5% monthly pension contributions, free on-site parking, childcare vouchers, life insurance, and a generous Friends and Family Discount on all Arden courses.
If you are interested in joining the Arden team, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org , sending through a copy of your CV and a covering letter supporting your application.
The closing date for applications is Friday 24th August, 2018.
Apply for Psychology Experimental Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly