Faculty Director - The Berlin School of Creative Leadership
The Berlin School of Creative Leadership Foundation
Is running a global Business School based in Berlin. It is the first school to focus on leadership education with an interdisciplinary structure for executives in creative industries such as advertising, media, journalism, entertainment, design, architecture, communication technology, marketing and brands. “Turning great creative minds into great creative leaders” is our mission and “A creative CEO in every creative business” is our vision.
At the heart of the Berlin School is an Executive MBA program awarded by Steinbeis University Berlin. With more than 450 students in 22 intakes, it offers the unique combination of a world-class degree focusing on creative businesses in a truly global setting.
The Berlin School is in its 12th year and is renowned for being a distinctive business school where senior, talented, creative business leaders, such as business owners or C-level executives, break the boundaries of personal and professional potential. To do so, the Berlin School strives to keep abreast of trends and new developments, balanced with a solid grounding in research and best practice; an agile blend of academic and industry insight, for maximum effectiveness.
We are currently offering an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial Ph.D. holder to apply for the position of
Specialized in the areas of Leadership, Organizational Behavior or Development, Strategy or Innovation Management.
The Faculty Director is expected to be the ‘Academic Face in Lead’ and responsible for the high standard of the Executive MBA program, as well as the school’s academic content. Working closely and collaboratively with our business teams, the applicant must take a leadership role in further developing learning experiences and programs and conduct theoretically advanced teaching of high practical relevance for creative businesses.
We especially encourage academics with an entrepreneurial mindset searching for possibilities to leave their mark in a creative, dynamic and ambitious environment.
The duties of the Faculty Director comprise of:
- Supporting and facilitating the implementation of the Berlin School strategy at faculty level.
- Assuring the efficiency and quality of the Berlin School teaching and learning experience.
- Recruiting and retaining faculty, leading the development and sharing of good practice, within the faculty.
- Building thought leadership by publishing and representing the school in conferences to raise its profile, and liaise closely with our community (participants, alumni and various stakeholders).
- Identifying research themes within our community and how to leverage them in generating additional inputs and income for the school.
- Collaborating and supporting the development of new initiatives, including faculty strategies and appropriate portfolio of Continuing Education/Continuing Professional Development/Lifelong Learning activities/programs.
Successful candidates with a doctoral degree in a related field are expected to have:
- In-depth competence and experience in interdisciplinary collaboration.
- An entrepreneurial, innovative and creative mindset.
- Relevant professional knowledge within creative businesses is seen as a significant advantage.
- A post-graduate teaching record and evidence of excellent teaching skills in relevant areas.
- A well-developed ability to teach and engage students.
- Strong academic leadership skills.
- International networks within the field of academia.
- A reasonable publication record.
- Flexibility to travel internationally and to spend significant time in Berlin.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Willingness to work in a team oriented environment, sharing knowledge and helping others to grow.
- A challenging job in an international, dynamic and creative environment.
- The opportunities to further build an educational institution of high recognition.
- A strong global creative business network.
- A working environment in one of the most inspiring cities of the world: Berlin.
- The opportunity for global travel and delivering education worldwide.
- A salary package that follows the salary system of German Universities but applicants may also provide salary requests.
- Even though the position is planned to be a full-time position based in Berlin, we are willing to adapt to individual preferences.
How to apply:
Please submit your application electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following application documents are required (in English):
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Documents proving that you hold the required academic degrees and education.
- List of publications.
- Links to speeches and lectures given.
- Teaching portfolio, including teaching merits and your approach to teaching.
- A strategic vision or an action plan, no longer than 1000 words, which you would want to develop and explore over the next 5 years.
- Information about your earliest possible start date.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize the Berlin School of Creative Leadership to transmit and store your information in our database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this vacancy.
Applications are welcome as soon as possible until the position is filled. In the ideal case, the prospective job holder would start this position in January 2019, or earlier.
For more information about the Berlin School of Creative Leadership go to:
Berlin School of Creative Leadership GmbH
Apply for Faculty Director - The Berlin School of Creative Leadership
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly