Administrative Coordinator, Neurosurgery
The Administrative Coordinator for the Neurosurgery/Orthopedic Spine division will act as the coordinator of services between the two areas. Coordinate a variety of business related functions such as finance, budget, space and facilities planning.
Division responsibilities 60%
- Serve as the primary liaison for the Spine Division Chief, senior leadership and Neuro and Ortho Spine Providers.
- Process a considerable amount of confidential information in support of administrative activities.
- Serve as principal source of information regarding the Spine Division for internal and external inquiries.
- Demonstrate judgement and independence in effective problem solving while serving as the administrative and operational resource for the division.
- Ensure tools and supplies are ready and available for effective and smooth business operations, track expenditures and research and resolve discrepancies in order to maintain accurate cost center records.
- Assist leadership with planning and coordinating clinical needs of residents between the two departments.
- Define policies and processes to ensure compliance with Duke Medical Center and Departmental requirements.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with Neurosurgery and Orthopedics staff, faculty and outside organizations.
- Ensure optimal management of resources by developing and implementing plans approved by leadership which coordinate operational activities including space, supplies, and general expenses.
Division Chief Support 40%
- Coordinate special projects provided by the Division Chief that are vital to the development and success of the division.
- Develop and maintain the Division Chief’s calendar, coordinate room reservations, and coordinate other scheduling tasks for the division.
- Using independent discretion and knowledge, assist with the planning and/or preparation for meetings, conferences, appointments, conference calls, etc.
- Ensure that all meeting materials are complete and organized.
- Develop advanced presentation materials as needed.
- Schedule meetings and travel itineraries, and coordinate related arrangements.
- Reconcile travel and other reimbursements to appropriate cost center in accordance with policies and established timelines
- Receive and answer correspondence in the name of the division chief.
- Assist the Division chief in the timely management of all communications, both written and via telephone.
- Prioritize and resolve inquiries (phone, e-mail, in person).
- Order and maintain sufficient inventory of office supplies and equipment.
Strongly prefer at least 5 years of Executive level administrative experience.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Requisition Number 401469732
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 1492 ADMINISTRATIVE COORD
Job Family Level 12
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a general business background generally equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a business related field.
Work requires 2 years related business or administrative experience to become familiar with general personnel practices, accounting and budgeting principles and coordination of major office activities. A master's degree in a business related field may be substituted for 2 years experience. OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Auto req ID