Radiation Protection Technician
Are you interested in joining a dynamic multi-national team of radiation protection specialists? Contribute your skills to our radiation protection work at the world's largest particle accelerator complex and its experimental facilities. CERN, Take Part!
You will join, the Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Protection (HSE) Unit, which acts in matters of safety and the protection of personnel and the environment. The Radiation Protection Group protects workers and public against the risks of exposure to ionising radiation, ensuring that exposure is kept as low as reasonably achievable. The duties of CERN's Radiation Protection Group include the assessment of radiation hazards of CERN's activities, including new accelerators and experiments, the definition of protective measures as well as the legally required monitoring of the exposure of radiation workers to ionising radiation.
As a Radiation Protection Technician, you will contribute to operational radiation protection in radiation areas, and notably, you will:
- Assess radiological risks at work places in accelerator tunnels, experimental areas, laboratories, storage areas and workshops in CERN.
- Perform radiation measurements in various, static and dynamic high energy, multi-particle radiation fields.
- Perform work and dose planning, elaborate safety measures and working procedures.
- Evaluate, analyse and follow up operational dosimetry data.
- Prepare and supervise radiation protection aspects of dismantling projects.
- Prepare written reports on a regular basis.
- Perform spectroscopy measurements.