Director of Research
Al Qasimi Foundation Position Overview:
Director of Research
ABOUT THE AL QASIMI FOUNDATION
The Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi Foundation for Policy Research was established in 2009 to aid in the social, cultural, and economic development of Ras Al Khaimah, a northern emirate in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The Foundation’s mission is to generate a world-class body of research on Ras Al Khaimah and the broader UAE region, develop local capacity, and engage the community in its work.
POSITION OVERVIEW & SCOPE
The Director of Research is responsible for generating innovative, high-quality education research and supporting external research in related areas to inform decisions and support the creation of relevant, effective public policies. The position is also responsible for leading staff and setting priorities in the Research Department.
The Director of Research reports to the Executive Director and is part of the senior management team. This position works closely with other Foundation departments as well as a community of stakeholders, scholars, and researchers both locally and overseas.
- Staff Supervision and Human Resources - 20%
- Research Project and Program Management - 40%
- Research Publications and Presentations - 30%
- Relationship Management - 10%
(Applicants may request full position description by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ph.D. degree in the social sciences and 5+ years of relevant research experience required
- Solid publication record, including peer-reviewed publications
- Demonstrated ability to manage research projects, individually and in team contexts, to produce high-quality outcomes in a timely manner
- Strong mastery of the English language with evidence of solid writing and presentation skills
- Advanced quantitative data analysis skills
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and exemplify leadership and composure under pressure while maintaining high morale
- Ability to creatively problem solve in order to make and implement sound decisions
- Previous experience managing and leading a research team or department preferred
- Experience working in the Gulf region or abroad preferred
- Contextual knowledge of UAE or Gulf region and its education sector preferred
This position offers a generous remuneration package that includes health insurance, one month of annual leave, and an annual (economy class) plane ticket to the employee’s country of origin.
Candidates must complete the application form on the Foundation’s website: http://www.alqasimifoundation.com/en/job-opportunities.
The completed form, resume, cover letter, two English writing samples, and three references (with contact details) should be sent to: email@example.com.
Incomplete materials will not be considered.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until August 31st, 2018.