Position Work Schedule: This is a 40 hour/week position with hours of work primarily performed Monday - Friday and weekend call.
Provide a full ministry of pastoral care and spiritual support and counseling to patients, families,and staff in assigned areas within hospital, hospice, or community programs.
Provide immediate and long-term assessment of the spiritual situation and needs of the persons in the assigned areas.
- On referral and at the chaplain's initiative, provide pastoral care and counseling, to include the full range of sacraments and rituals of the religious community.
- For persons of other faith perspectives who wish ministry from within their faith, identify and make referrals to appropriate any available clergy or religious leaders in the community.
- Provide support to hospital staff in the assigned areas through individual counseling and through structured group meetings.
- Participate in the assessment, education and resolution of medical ethical issues in the assigned areas.
- Develop the pastoral component in inter-disciplinary teams in assigned areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skills in crisis intervention.
- Ability to provide ministry in high stress environment
- Skills in pastoral assessment
- Physically capable of sustained work in high stress environment.
Requisition Number 401468098
Duke Entity DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE
Job Code 5014 CHAPLAIN
Job Family Level F1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Master of Divinity or equivalent degree.
Level I:Completion of one year's residency in Clinical Pastoral Education.
Level I: Six months pastoral ministry, in church or institution.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Level I: Eligible for certification as "Board Certified Chaplain" by the Association of Professional Chaplains. Denominational Endorsement.
Auto req ID