Medical Assistant, Certified-Gastroenterology of Raleigh, Consult
Gastroenterology of Raleigh - Consult
Gastroenterology of Raleigh
Duke GI of Raleigh is located on the Duke Raleigh Hospital campus in Raleigh, NC. This Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) provides direct patient care in a Gastroenterology outpatient clinic composed of8 providers. The CMA will assist the clinical staff and providers with all aspects of patient care in the clinic setting, including patient intake, vital sign collection, scheduling appointments and procedures, patient education, updating the patient’s chart in the EMR and discharging patients from clinic.
- Perform patient intake reviewing medical history, taking vital signs, medication reconciliation, confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepare, gather clinic notes, and obtain consent forms and instructions, as per medical provider request.
- Schedule clinic and procedure appointments
- Return patient phone calls/messages and check in baskets daily
- Discharge clinic patients
- Preparation and drawing of injectable medications
- Prepare and administer H. Pylori Test
- Direct and accompany patient to exam room; providing gowns/drapes as needed
- Perform other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by the physician
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to multitask
- Good organizational skills
- Knowledge of gastrointestinal diseases and conditions
- Electronic Health Record experience
Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required. Experience No experience required. Previous patient care experience preferred GI or clinic experience preferred
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
Certification by AAMA or AMT required. BLS required
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 50 lbs.
- Must be able to carry50 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 401468971
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 4261 MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED
Job Family Level C1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
- Level I -- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
- Level II -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
- Level III -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
- Level I -- No experience required.
- Level II -- Must have at least 1 year of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.
- Level III -- Must have at least 3 years of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.
Note: 1 year of experience will be provided for an Associate degree in Medical Assisting. General Ladder Statement: In addition to the education and experience noted, applicants must meet all requirements set forth in the Medical Assistant, Certified (CMA/RMA) Ladder Program document for Levels II and III.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID