Program Coordinator, Kenan Institute for Ethics
Kenan Institute for Ethics
Plan and manage activities for The Kenan Institute for Ethics programmong on Global Migration and Human Rights and Initiatives on Religion (RPLI) and Moral Judgment (MADI), Environmental Ethics and Kenan Refugee Project (KRP); deciding how best to engage faculty, students and community ensuring mix of constituencies participates and is represented, determining best balance of research, practice and education and how best to deploy resources to meet project goals.
- Manage Special Projects, Faculty Research Teams and International Programs-Reports to Director on these activities
- Manage all decisions about local and international logistics for all global programs including servingas liaison to on site coordinators, research assistants, translators, International NGOs, community partners and service providers.
- Both helps identify partners and decides how best to mix on site local assistance with Duke imported support (financial and human capital). Includes making decisions about how to allocate funds for project given an overall budget as well as where and how to cull additional funds (from donors, foundations, co-sponsors, partners),
- Manage and provide support for faculty research teams helping decide how best to organize field research depending on undergraduate, graduates student and faculty mix, how best to deploy limited resources and where to seek additional resources.
- Be on call to troubleshoot for global program participants and parents. Including decision making about how best to manage medical emergencies and local security problems (e.g. national strike in Nepal, rioting in Cairo).
- Provide support and manage logistics for all new and pilot programming to ensure that appropriate mix of research, teaching and practice is represented and identification and meeting of various needs different constituencies have.
- Manage travel arrangements domestic and international for KIE programs
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above descriotion of responsibilities is representative of the duties of the position but may not be an exhaustive list. Other duties may be assigned.
Requisition Number 401469025
Duke Entity UNIVERSITY
Job Code 2321 PROGRAM COORD
Job Family Level 10
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires one year of experience in program administration orinvolving academic, instructional or counseling activities to acquireskills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of programactivities and events.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID