Postdoctoral Fellow in Chemical Engineering
Organization Name Chemical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
A postdoctoral position is currently available in the Process Systems Engineering Laboratory. The project deals with modeling, optimization, process monitoring, and predictive maintenance in the gas processing industry
The successful candidate will develop models, theory, and algorithms for large scale optimization problem in the fields of the oil, gas, and petrochemical industries as well as in the area of supply chain management.
Candidates should have a PhD in chemical engineering (or related area) with expertise in Big data analytics, predictive maintenance, and/or mathematical programming (mixed-integer, non-convex and stochastic programming) and process simulation. Relevant background in the gas processing industry and /or petroleum refining and petrochemical industry is a significant advantage. There are tremendous opportunities for research collaboration with industrial stakeholders, as well as the affiliated universities such as University of Waterloo and University of Central Florida.
We are particularly interested in candidates with the following qualities:
- Good knowledge of and research experience in big data analytics, machine learning, predictive maintenance, and process optimization and simulation
- Strong mathematical and statistics skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A good track record of research publications
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement