Clinical Trials Project Leader II
DCRI - Project Management
Develop, coordinate, and implement research and administrative strategies essential to the successful management of phase I, II, III, and IV clinical trials research projects as well as registries and observational studies conducted by principal investigator(s) at Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI); perform a variety of duties involved in the organization, documentation and compilation of clinical research data.
Project Management# With guidance, recommend guidelines and refinement of guidelines inthe collection of clinical data and administration of clinical trials, registries, and/or observational studies; assist in the determination of guidelines for new protocols.# Develops improvement in processes to increase efficiencies.
- With oversight, innovates and adapts research processes and guidelines including designs, methods and data.Problem Resolution# Anticipates and addresses simple operational problems at any study phase.
- As part of the problem solving process, recognizes and considers the long-term benefits, risks and consequences of different solutions to the project and other project team members (including sub-study personnel, sponsors and subcontractors).
- Recognizes when issues need to be escalated to senior management in a timely manner. Works with senior management to propose resolutions and leads these initiatives with assistance as needed.
- Demonstrates a flexible and adaptable problem-solving approach to the operational needs of projects and all project team members (including sponsors and subcontractors).Team Management# Consistently recognizes the contributions of other team members
- Exhibits inclusive approach to decision making and goal setting processes.
- Fosters group ownership of and enthusiasm for project.
- With oversight, assigns specifics tasks in order to challenge team members while encouraging professional growth. Follows-up routinely with feedback and encouragement. Financial Management
- Works with senior management to find operational efficiencies in order to increase return on sales.
- Changes resource utilization accordingly to the demands of the project to ensure efficient personnel utilization with oversight.# With guidance, interprets and acts upon project-specific financial reports
- Considers financial implications of different decisions and operational strategies.Communication Skills# Appropriately exhibits persuasive communication skills to enhance the likelihood of building commitment and buy-in.# Establishes, builds, and fosters relations with influential decision makers both internal and external
- Conveys difficult information diplomatically.
- Exhibits ability to adapt communication style and approach to circumstances,particularly when addressing concerns or proposing a solution.Organizational Leadership
- Actively participates on non-research project initiatives.Accountability
- Identifies and follows through on opportunities for self-improvement.Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.The above statements describe the general nature and level of workbeing performed byindividuals assigned to this classification.
Education Work requires graduation from an accredited degree program providing clinical training as a Registered Nurse (RN), Physician#s Assistant (PA) or Pharmacist plus two years of healthcare experience, or one of the following equivalents:1.
Completion of an allied health degree (e.g., Respiratory Therapy,Radiologic Technology,Licensed Practical Nurse) plus a minimum of five years healthcare experience; or2. Completion of a master#s degree in Public Health, Health Administration or a related area with one year directly related clinical trials research experience; or3. Completion of a bachelor#s degree plus a minimum of three years directly related experience in clinical trials research; or4. Completion of a bachelor#s degree plus a minimum of four years closely related experience.**State of North Carolina license may be required.**
Requisition Number 401468505
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 1639 CLINICAL TRIALS PROJECT LEADER II
Job Family Level 78
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires graduation from an accredited degree program providing clinical training as a Registered Nurse (RN), Physician's Assistant(PA) or Pharmacist plus three years of healthcare experience; or one ofthe following equivalents:1. Completion of an allied health degree (e.g., RespiratoryTherapy, Radiologic Technology, Licensed Practical Nurse) or Associatesdegree in Clinical Trials Research related curriculum plus aminimum of six years healthcare experience; or2.
Completion of a master's degree in Public Health, HealthAdministration or a related area with two years directly relatedclinical trials research experience; or3. Completion of a bachelor's degree plus a minimum of four yearsdirectly related experience in clinical trials research; or4. Completion of a bachelor's degree plus a minimum of five yearsclosely related research experience.**State of North Carolina license may be required.**
None required beyond that described above.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID