Research Technician II
Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
Demonstrated rodent handling experience preferred.
- This position is for approximately one year with extensions contingent on funding and performance.
- A motivated and highly organized individual is sought as research technician for laboratory involved in study of human hereditary disease.
- Approximately half of the time will be devoted to working with mouse models of disease with the other half devoted to work at the laboratory bench.
- The ability both to work independently and also to communicate and work well with other members of the laboratory team is a must.
- Some of the day-to-day tasks are listed below.
- Weaning litters Sacrificing mice and processing of organs and tissues for analyses DNA preps and genotyping mouse DNA samples DNA and RNA library prep for next generation sequencing Mammalian cell culture
For information on the research projects in the lab see https://mgm.duke.edu/faculty-and-research/primary-faculty/douglas-marchu k-phd/
Requisition Number 401466983
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 951 RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Job Family Level 08
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology or otherscience related scientific field.
None required above education/training requirement.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID