Medical Assistant, Certified-Patterson Place Pediatric Dermatology
MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED - Patterson Place Pediatric Dermatology
Certified Medical Assistant for Patterson Place Pediatric Dermatology provides care to patients seeking general dermatological evaluation and treatment. The CMA works as part of the Dermatology care team consisting of: Physicians, Registered Nurses, Patient Care Associates and other health care providers involved with planning and coordinating patient care. Duties: The CMA at Patterson Place Pediatric Dermatology may be assigned as a primary medical assistant for a particular physician as well as assist the other physicians with clinical care of patients. Clinical
The CMA at Patterson Place Pediatric Dermatology may be assigned as a primary medical assistant for a particular physician as well as assist the other physicians with clinical care of patients. Clinical Duties may include but are not limited to the following (Become proficient in the following clinic specific competencies):
- Cleaning and packing instruments for sterilization, Preparation for, assisting physician with and post procedure patientcare following; Shave and Punch Biopsy, Patch Testing, Excisions, ED&C, Nail Procedures, Laser treatments
- Reviewing the New/Return patient form with the patient for clarity, recording vital signs, performing medication reconciliation and verifying allergies.
- Reviewing AVS information with patient at completion of visit
- Explaining treatment procedures to patients-shave biopsy, punch biopsy, ED&C, excision, patch testing, cryotherapy
- Preparing supplies, equipment for examinations and procedures, i.e. instrument trays, cautery equipment, patch testing supplies and allergens,
- Preparing and sending to the lab, surgical pathology, culture specimens per Dermatology established policy and procedure
- Photographing specific areas of concern before procedures per physician order using a camera or an IPOD with Haiku software Administrative Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Answer telephones
- Greet patients
- Completing insurance forms
- Handle correspondence from patients or physicians.
- Become proficient with the following computer programs: Maestro HER Photo Database Microsoft Outlook (e-mail)
- Transferring medical photographs from physician cameras to the Photo Data Base
- Receive patient calls from their assigned physician’s patients and relay messages to the physician in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous healthcare experience
- Previous experience working with customers/clients in a service capacity
- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program strongly preferred
High school or GED graduation required.
No experience required. Note: 1 year of experience will be provided for an Associate degree in Medical Assisting
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certifications
AAMA or AMT required. BLS required.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills &cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands &priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull XX lbs.
- Must be able to carry 20 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 401443468
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 4261 MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED
Job Family Level C1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Level I -- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
Level II -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs(CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
Level III -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs(CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
Level I -- No experience required.
Level II -- Must have at least 1 year of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.
Level III -- Must have at least 3 years of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.Note: 1 year of experience will be provided for an Associate degree in Medical Assisting. General Ladder Statement: In addition to the education and experience noted, applicants must meet all requirements set forth in the Medical Assistant, Certified (CMA/RMA) Ladder Program document for Levels II and III.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID