Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/02/OE
Starting Hourly Rate Range: $16.91 - $23.25
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Mon - Fri; 8:30am - 5:00pm
Employee subgroup: Salaried Non-exmt
Location: 05-MD:School of Public Health
Department name: 60000552-IH - Int'l Vaccine Access Center (IVAC)
Personnel area: Johns Hopkins University
The mission of the International Vaccine Access Center (IVAC) at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health is to accelerate global access to life-saving vaccines through the development and implementation of evidence-based policies. IVAC’s work focuses on disease epidemiology, vaccine economics and supply, monitoring and evaluation of vaccine introduction and Center programs, and policy, advocacy and communications activities to increase the profile of and global action on vaccine-preventable disease.
The Administrative Coordinator will work as a member of IVAC’s Operations team and Policy, Advocacy & Communications (PAC) team. The PAC team conducts a variety of global, regional, and country-level policy, advocacy, communications, and country support activities, and works closely with IVAC’s other teams—Epidemiology, Economics & Finance, Operations Research, and Operations—to conduct policy research and analyses, build technical advocacy capacity among global partners, develop evidence-based materials, and implement strategies aimed at increasing vaccine access, primarily in low- and middle-income countries.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
The Administrative Coordinator will provide routine and complex administrative support to the PAC team, including handling office workflow pertaining to correspondence, calendaring, and meeting reporting. The position will provide administrative support to a variety of projects, requiring expert task and organizational management. The Administrative Coordinator will also provide direct assistance to the PAC team director. Duties include:
- Calendar management
- Manage calendar and schedule recurring and ad hoc meetings for PAC team director
- Maintain PAC team director entries on shared PAC Google calendar
- Manage biweekly PAC team meeting schedule/appointments
- Assist PAC team members with scheduling key meetings
- Travel coordination
- Process and track travel advances and reimbursements
- Coordinate PAC team director travel arrangements and prepare travel packets
- Coordinate and track passport and visa applications/orders
- Assist PAC team members with travel coordination
- Assist with travel coordination for external partners, invitees, etc.
- Meetings and events
- Manage PAC team teleconference lines and accounts
- Support development of PAC team meeting agendas, based on input from PAC team leadership and past meeting discussions
- Attend and report on external and internal team meetings as required
- Maintain, organize, and disseminate appropriate records of meetings
- Generate various types of presentations for meetings, using programs such as Microsoft PowerPoint
- Coordinate and assist with the planning of domestic and international events, including Lunch & Learns and VIP visitors
- Coordinate event logistics (e.g. meeting venue, reservations, payment arrangements)
- Maintain PAC team Dropbox, Google group, and program accounts/passwords
- Draft emails, letters, invitations, and other communique, and proofreads and copyedit general correspondence
- Support IVAC communications lead by posting content on various websites and social media platforms, as needed
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve communication and coordination with other IVAC teams and with the PAC team
- Maintain confidential/personal documents
- Provide support to IVAC leadership as part of the team of administrative coordinators
- Order supplies and support overall IVAC administrative coordination, as part of the team of administrative coordinators
- Perform ad hoc assignments and other tasks as requested
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Three years related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience
- Experience supporting programs with an international focus preferred.
- Knowledge of JHU SAP system preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, social media platforms, WordPress, Constant Contact, and other email marketing and content management systems preferred.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional level of attention to detail, complemented by the ability to manage competing requests and deadlines.
- Enthusiasm, team spirit, dedication to the job, and willingness to help out are essential qualities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Willingness to learn new programs.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information: