Medical Assistant, Certified-South Durham Dermatology
South Durham Dermatology
Duke Dermatology at South Durham
The CMA in the Dermatology clinic provides clinical support for the dermatology providers and their patients. This support includes both direct and indirect patient care activities to sustain the clinical operations and meet the needs of the providers, their patients and the clinic.
The CMA in Dermatology will be assigned in clinical staffing roles, providing direct patient care and administrative CMA roles supporting indirect patient care duties. The CMA role will rotate between administrative and clinical roles at a quarterly minimum, but can rotate more frequently as clinic needs dictate. Rotations are subject to completion of orientation, validation of competencies, availability of providers, availability of staff and proven ability to multi-task and manage time well independently. Rotation between roles will be subject to management discretion. Duties Adhere to Joint Commission, Environment of Care and Infection Prevention guidelines reviewed in monthly EOC, TJC and IPL rounds
- Set up for sterile procedures Prepare a sterile instrument tray
- Clean and package surgical instruments for sterilization
- Assist provider with the following procedures; Shave biopsy, Punch biopsy Excisions, ED&C, Cryotherapy, Unna Boots Review the New/Return patient form with the patient Review patient history questionnaire
- Complete global assessment for every return patient
- Complete a learning assessment for every patient on each encounter
- Assisting in tracking infection rates during suture removal Record vital signs, medication reconciliation and allergy identification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Dermatology experience preferred
Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required. Associates in Medical Assisting Preferred.
No experience required.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
Certification by AAMA or AMT required. BLS required.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 50 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 50 lbs.
Requisition Number 401461175
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 4261 MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED
Job Family Level C1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
- Level I -- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
- Level II -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
- Level III -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
- Level I -- No experience required.
- Level II -- Must have at least 1 year of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.
- Level III -- Must have at least 3 years of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.
Note: 1 year of experience will be provided for an Associate degree in Medical Assisting. General Ladder Statement: In addition to the education and experience noted, applicants must meet all requirements set forth in the Medical Assistant, Certified (CMA/RMA) Ladder Program document for Levels II and III.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department
Auto req ID