Programme Support Officer
1 day left
- Full Time
Location : London Waterloo
Closing Date : 21/09/2018
Salary : Competitive
Employment Type : Permanent
Department : School of Nursing
The post holder has responsibility for supporting the Apprenticeship, CPD and covering the academic administration as required of the School of Nursing Portfolio at Waterloo and RDaSH.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
These are the key responsibilities of the job; on occasion the post holder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with your grade.
- Apprenticeship administrative support to ensure the smooth strategic running and operation of the UG & NDA programmes and CPD.
- Supporting all administrative matters relating to students and academic staff on the programmes
- Liaison with internal departments as necessary to include but not limited to: Professional Apprenticeships, Group Apprenticeship Operations, On-boarding and Admissions; Records.
- Liaising with External Partners as required to support, the programmes and their management.
- Create procedures as necessary to ensure the smooth running of the position’s area of responsibility
- Maintain strict confidentiality concerning prospective and existing student information at all times
- Prepare all paper work and results for Internal and External Examination Boards
- Liaise with placement providers to monitor and record practice attendance.
- Maintain Banner attendance record.
- Manage invoicing and preparation of monthly revenue and costs reports.
- Undertake general administrative duties to support all portfolio activity.
- To maintain academic and personal records of all students / apprentices
- To maintain the computerised database for progression, attendance and completion
- Liaise with BPPU Admission Team to ensure the admissions process runs smoothly.
- In liaison with the Portfolio Liaison Manager, ensure that all paperwork is prepared and updated in advance of the admissions process at the relevant point each year, to include:
- Welcome letters.
- Access to VLE is activated.
- Liaise with the Portfolio Manager in organising the Induction day for each new first year group, and also any other ‘first day of term’ activities for other year groups
- Liaise with Student Records to ensure students are attached to the correct programme and modules for the start of each term.
- Any other programme-related, or student duties that may be assigned to ensure the delivery of the portfolio.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
The post holder must demonstrate the following:
- Ability to work on own initiative and self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and demonstrable presentation skills
- Be able to prioritise workloads and to work under pressure.
- An awareness of GDPR confidentiality issues.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Computer literacy in standard computing packages & the Internet and a knowledge of, or experience in, an educational establishment would also be an advantage.
- Experience of client management.
- Basic knowledge of the Apprenticeship Levy.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Please note that this role may occasional involve national travel.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check