VOICE CARE CENTER
This is a part-time position (20 hrs/week) - Flexible 1st shift hours
Perform varied clerical duties in support of general and special office activities to relieve supervisor of clerical and routine responsibilities and to maintain an efficient and effective operation.
- Answer telephone; greet callers and assist them with general problems or complaints; answer questions concerning department policies and procedures; act as office receptionist.
- Schedule or arrange activities effectively; make and confirm travel arrangements as necessary; make appointments within prescribed schedule.
- File and retrieve records in accordance with established procedures and filing systems; research lost or missing records in accordance with established procedures; verify information against existing records; post information to records or ledgers.
- Match records against source documents to verify accuracy of records and compliance with rules and procedures of appropriate system; resolve discrepancies in records by contacting appropriate office to obtain information on source of discrepancy and following through on changing any errors in documentation.
- Review, verify and evaluate various records and reports in accordance with procedures; identify and resolve discrepancies, contacting appropriate source of information; maintain various accounting and budgetary records; review and reconcile transactions and initiate accounting documents in accordance with standard procedure.
- Order and issue supplies as appropriate.
- Screen, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and documents; respond to or process mail or documents in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Perform routine clerical and typing tasks involved in processing varied office materials such as form letters, requisitions, memoranda, and reports or summaries.
- Prepare and/or compose routine and general correspondence in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- EPIC/MAESTRO preferred
- Excellent Customer Service
- Schedule/Triage Calls
- Customer Service
- Calculator Reception
- Telephone Protocol
- Office Procedures
- Microsoft Windows and Office suite: Word/Excel
Requisition Number 401463399
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 4002 ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK
Job Family Level B2
Full Time / Part Time PART TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires knowledge of basic grammar and mathematical principlesnormally equivalent to a high school education.
Work generally requires three months of clerical or general office support experience to become familiar with activities involved with providing routine clerical support.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID